Saturday, July 10, 2004

Well, the Gateway plant in North Sioux is having a liquidation sell getting rid of a hell of a lot of remanufactured computers, and other stuff. Mainly if you are wondering why this is happening, well the second original location of Gateway was in North Sioux City, SD. And the original was out of the former old stockyards of Sioux City, IA.

The thing is that since the new management came in(namely the take over of E-way..err...Gateway buying out E Machines only to have all of their Corporate officers take over the spots, the North Sioux City production plant has been placed on the cutting block thus eliminating another chance for jobs meaning the market here is getting more and more dryer.

But I decided to get one of their reman's and the big surprise was that the sign that said everything is 15% off, I didn't think applied to the Computers but it did. The only complaint is that their laptop computers were supposively on liquidation sale, yet cost just as much as the new laptops. So I decided to just get a Tower, and well, screwed up while doing that.

I moved computer boxed computer from atop another, but the only problem was I left the area of that computer. Someone else went over and grabbed that one and compared another computer. They took the one I freed up, and I took the one they didn't take. But I wonder if I didn't move the computer on top of the other, would they have looked at it?

DOH! Yet getting this for the computer...

2.6 MHz P4,
160 GB HDD,
512 MB memory,
128 Video card,
Sound blaster sound card,
DVD burner/CD burner combo
DVD CD player combo

for just over $500.

And the management are idiots, but so are the customers tonight. And thank God I gave up the spot as the bar runner. And the reason I am up this late isn't because I just got home, but that I am watching Smackdown at the only time I can watch it. Saturday/Sunday @ midnight to Sunday 2AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home