Sunday, June 20, 2004

I would say the only good thing about tonight was that I got out of work before 2AM. Otherwise the upper managers have yet to prove they have a gear in their head that works. I ask for one day off because I have relatives who are in town from Colorado. I made the mistake of it being a day with 2 bars and thinking that how I was setting them up would work for them...

WRONG

And not to mention the whole space was a mess. The assistant manager still lacks brain function because again they sorted out the money for the 150 drop as $1's and $5's without any quarters. But atleast I am there to help them out...lucky me.

I think our biggest cash bar since losing the assistant manager a couple of months ago was probably between $1000 and $2000.

But then again nothing is better than the people who go up to the bars and complain about the prices. Here's tonights occurance.

C1: I will take a draw and a Coke.

Me: *pours the free glass of Keg beer and gets a Coke* That's $1.50.

C1: This beer is free and it is a $1.50.

C2(Right next to C1): How much does a shot of SoCo cost.

Me: *gets his free keg beer* $4.00

C2: What? It cost $2 in the restaurant upstairs.

Me: Highly doubt it, but it cost $4.00 down here.

And then I was talking to the Food and Beverage director while him, and the closing bartender were cleaning up in the restaurant. He said the shot was $5 in the restaurant. I told him the story about the guy downstairs, and the bartender mentioned about a customer they had who was past their limit and not getting anymore drinks. This customer asked if he could call a cab for them. The bartender said sure and called the cab service. And said it would be half an hour. About 50 minute later the same guy asked about the cab, and the bartender said it was probably downstairs waiting about 10 minutes ago. The guy asked he never mentioned anything, the bartender said they could only call them because the restaurant is no where near the front entrance. The guy then goes off about the service, and the bartender shoots back with comments about the tips he recieved from said customer.


The big moral of the storyline is that the bartender and server pay in the bars and restuarants is pretty shitty without the tips. So please tip your bartender, and you will be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home