Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Well, some stuff has happened since the last time I put anything into this blog. I managed to piss some people off. But they were most likely just wondering what the hell just happened.

Here's the story, after clss on Thursday I decided to go into the college's cafeteria, and sit down at one of the tables facing a window that faces the trees off the South or West side of the college. I started drawing and was listening to my iPod. I think about 15 to 20 minutes pass by and two girls walk up and sit down at the table for no reason. They started talking to each other, and I could hear them, but then they started talking to me a little. The only problem I had with the situation was that they were also talking with people all the way across the cafeteria at another table. Then someone from the other table came to mine, and I mainly decided to fuck it wrote something down said bye and left. Usually this stuff doesn't bother me, but for some reason I just felt that it was the normal send some friends over and then I will join them later...

Well, I am sorry, but if someone is too afraid to either come over with their friends to talk, they won't get anywhere with me. I won't be surprised if I see these people again probably. Next time, I will probably be a little more polite, but at that moment in time, it just ticked me off.

Over the weekend, I had to prove why I could have more intelligent conversations with brick walls. The assistant manager was across the street working on a party over there. Later on when it was over they came back with the money drop bag, and the money that the bar at the wedding made. Well, they were going to drop the money and everything, but they forgot to put the money amount without tax into the program on the computer to get the bill. Saying that "they know what they are doing!" And it took me about ten times telling them about the bill before they realized. "Hey, I forgot the bill!" ARGH! And then to make it even better, they didn't put any quarter into the drop bag to weight it down so that it will fall into the drop box. Fun stuff...

Sunday, the Servers still complained that the Porters only work when the head chef comes down stairs. Well, I have to say that everyone in the banquets department amazingly learn to work together when I get pissed off. The only good thing about Sunday was that the wedding party deided to end it early since most of their people were gone by 8:30 at night. That also made it easier for their pocket book because I took security off the bill since they come in at nine and leave at either midnight or one.

Monday, I had the day off, but I screen phone calls because I am the bar runner, and I usually set up a groups bar because all you need is their liquor, some beer, and glass. This is because they bring in their own bartender. But the thing is that they had a bottle of Glenlivit Scotch that was low at their last meeting. They decided to get new bottle in case they needed it. And I charged them for it since I had to go get it. The I get a phone call about it from the same manager on Sunday. I had to tell them about 5 times that it was already paid for.

And Yesterday was completely fine other then me being tired in the afternoon when it was muggy and hot outside.

Today, rainy and down to 59 degrees. I will have to wait five minutes for a weather change ;)

NP: "Circle" by Slipknot

Infact, in recent rock/METAL news....

Slipknot save Metallica at Download!

Metallica's drummer, Lars Ulrich, got sick and couldn't perform at the Download Festival 2004, yes Metallica at Download Festival 2004 has to be an oxymoron. But Slipknot's Joey Jordison and Slayer's drummer had the chacne to take his place. Slayer's did the first song, and Metallica was liking it. Then Joey came in, and played for three songs. Than the Metallica drum tech tried, but they went back to Joey right after, instead of others willing to try to play the drums. Joey(#1) mask, and two piece jumpsuit and played wiht Metallica, and impressed them enough to keep him behind the drums for the rest of the songs.


Metallica's setlist:(Joey Jordison unless noted)

  1. Battery (Dave Lombardo)
  2. Four Horsemen (Dave Lombardo)
  3. Whiplash
  4. For Whom the Bell Tolls
  5. Creeping Death
  6. Am I Evil
  7. Seek and Destroy
  8. Last Caress
  9. Fade to Black (Flemming, the drum tech)
  10. Wherever I may Roam
  11. Sad But True
  12. Nothing Else Matters
  13. Enter Sandman



credit: pictures and set list from Virtual Festivals and also news on slipknot1.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home