Monday, June 28, 2004

Well, I finally grew some balls this weekend. I have been doing the bar runner position and being a porter for this hotel. The job had it's good things, and it's bad things. Now, the good thing is that I learned how to setup a bar, and learn a good amount of drinks.

Let's put it this way, I didn't know what the hell amaretto was before. Now I know how to make drinks from "Liquid Cocaine" (amaretto, SoCo) to a couple different variations of "Sex on the Beach"

The bad is that I had to put up with some good people to work with, and some people that make me wonder if there are even bricks as dense as they are. But the problem is that the managers weren't learning anything when I did all of the bills stuff and turned in the bill to the front desk. So I told them I am done being bar runner except for the Tyson Meat Ed bars, because they have their own bartender, and I am the only one who knows how to do the set up for it right.

If this means I am no where ready to be a manager that is fine with me. I have put in way too many late nights without any extra incentive. They offered me a Banquet Supervisor spot a while ago, but I didn't take it because of the fact that they offered the spot to others before me because the others said that I was the better person for the spot.

The biggest thing that cause me to do this was that the last Banquet Event Order meeting a lot of fuss was brought up. I for the most part was blamed for the screwing up one bill, and I had enough of it. Also, when the General Manager questions whether I can be professional when cutting someone off or not, especially when they never have to cut anyone off ever, GETS ON MY NERVES!

I need to get my resume finished so that I can send it into the two jobs I seen open and advertised at school. This way I will get out of the fucking hell that is the Marina Inn.

Until next time, this is the last call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home