Sunday, July 25, 2004

I would like to start out that I really try not to get into a discussion that could lead to arguments or such. Usually because I could say something one day, and the next day they ask me about that conversation, and I look at them like they were trying to speak in Arabic or something to me.

The reason I start out like this is because I would like to apologize to someone about trying to talk about bands, and confused them for someone else. But that embarrassment I had did last long. Mainly because I showed a link from eBay to a bass guitar that I knew was an expensive as hell bass, but it was at $46 and had no reserve. We both were thinking that once it finally got noticed it would end up at the amount of $800 or more. The thing is that it went to about $300 for a guitar that was $1000+. If the seller wasn't crying about the price, I would be very much surprised.

But we got onto the topic of bass guitars, because I am thinking about getting one. The only problem is that I can't get one right now because I have a car payment, insurance, and less than the finale price of the guitar to my name.  buy the good thing is that my car payment was taken out of my savings account from my bank for this month. Now I just need to start saving money....BIG TIME!

 
Before I mention something that happened today I would like to explain some stuff so that it can be understood a little more...Maybe. My family has a dog, part terrier part poleramian(spelling). And is name carmel because his hair when it is cut short looked almost carmel corn colored, and stands up to about half way up to my hip when on his hind legs only, and on all fours is barely up to my knee. (I am 6' 3", so he is a small dog.)  Well, he is 17 years old(he was born 17 years ago either around this date.) The dog has had problems with having seizures (except has had a bad in quite a while) , and at a young age was bite by a bigger Chow dog and lost sight in one eye. And since then the sight in his other eye has gotten worse over the years, but was told that he would never go completely blind. He for the most part made himself deaf by barking a lot. Carmel has lost most of his teeth also. And during the last winter he walked are the neighbor hood with about half of foot to a foot of snow on the ground, and being very cold for about 4 to 6 hours because of he got disoriented due to snow not being there when he last went out and couldn't tell where he was, and he did the samething but was found in half an hour walking towards a Goodwill.

So yeah, Carmel has earned his stripes in life tenfold.

 

 

 

But something happened today that I wasn't ever expecting to happen...well was hoping that it would not happen. The rest of the family went on vacation to Pipestone and between My older brother and me, we had to make sure the family dog got fed, and let outside. Last night the dog was fine, but this morning I let him out at 6:45AM and didn't notice anything wrong, then I wake up at 8:00AM and was going send him out, but he didn't want to go so I let him sleep and went back to bed.

I woke up about 9:40 and heard the dogs tags rattling so I thought he was walking around hoping to find someone to let him out. I checked the hallway to the door, but didn't see anything. I check the parents bed room and he was having a seizure. So I picked him up and took him outside and laid him down. After about 10 minutes he was trying to get his balance and stand up. The problem was that he was walking in circles, but not really getting anywhere, and he seemed to a degree disoriented. He could not recognize me, the house, and walked right into his water dish. I had him outside for about 2 hours.

My grandmother came over because she knows a little more about human and animal's health than I do. She was wondering his he finally lost the sight in his other eye, and was disoriented and wouldn't lay down or eat. So I blocked off the stairway to the basement with a dining table chair and then just watched him walk around confused and lost, and tried to keep him from running into anything, or knocking anything over. Well, at 12:30 my parents and little sister got home, and I had to leave in about an hour for some training at work. I left to go to work as they were watching the dog, and came back to him walking around again. The only difference is that he could actually see me unlike before where he would for the most part pace back and forth because of the fact he could see, or idlest see much.

So I am glad that he is okay, but it freshet me out, and infact made me think that even though I am human, one day I will probably be in the same predicament.

Edit: About 15 minutes ago, everyone went to bed, and then the dog started whimpering and whining again. He couldn't get up, and trapped himself underneath a cabinent. We freed him, and he kept whining and whimpering. He finally somewhat got to his feet, but didn't have the balance and coordination. He wasn't breathing too well, and I followed him up and down the hallway.  This what it started out with earlier, but instead my parents weren't home.

This time they were, and my mom called the doctors' office and left a message. I am guessing they have an auto message transfering service for about 5 to 10 minutes later the phone rang. The doctor answered and my mom told him about what was happening. The doctor can't do anything until morning, but he thinks Carmel suffered a stroke earlier, and I am guessing still thinks Carmel is having side affects still. But the dog can't be left by himself because he is blinded disoriented, and just walks in circles crashing into stuff. So my mom is going to stay up. I know it is because of old age, but why must my dog suffer like this...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home