Monday, February 21, 2005

the full circle...

Thursday, I went to work, told a co-worker I would work for them on Friday...and leave work and go to sleep.

Friday, I wake up at 7:10 and proceed to go to the bathroom, but becuase of how my stomach was feeling, I grabbed a plastic bucket as well. Puking for about 20 minutes to start off the day should be a clue you are going to have a bad day. Unfortunately, there are bricks less dense then me, and I was sick the rest of the day, go into work and for the most part stay away from anyone. And when I left work I got some food, but got home and couldn't eat it because of how bad I was feeling.

Saturday, what do you get when you take 600 people who had a hospitality room that opened at Noon closed at 5 PM, go to the room for their banquet with bars with more beer and booze, and then hospitality rooms reopening at Midnight? The Missouri River Boat Clubs' drink fest...err...annual party. They for the most part drank all the Coors Light, most of the Miller Lite, and a little less of the Bud Light. I bartended and got $100 in tips, another bartender got $200, and the others I am not sure, but I think they had to get the most because they were busy forever, with the bar in the lobby outside of the banquet hall.

Sunday, Slept most of the day because my body needed it badly.

Today, I had to work, and took a white dress shirt and tie with me just incase I needed it. And it was a good thing, your friendly folks at the local Nebraska distributers were having a promotional party for the "Budweiser Select" that just came out today. I got in at 4 PM, and seen a co-worker who was still at work who came in the morning, being his usual self spazzing around the department. He was in his white shirt and black tie. He went into the back area, and next thing a person from the room he was in said "Where did our bartender disappear too?" Well, I got my white shirt on and help with the party and took over on bartending at 5:30 after the Food and Beverage Director talked the other guy into going, mainly because of Labor Hours. Also, the Food and Beverage Director rather had me down there then him.

I got a free T-Shirt, koozie, and a keychain with bottle opener for bartending, but it was a good group. It sucked that I wasn't going to get "grat" off the bar, but it was a laid back group who invite local Nebraska bartenders to try out the new product. And once the head person of the Bud employees left, they started drinking beer with the ones who were already having some beers. Fun times.


Oh yeah forgot.....Gary Bettman can go fuck himself. And the NHLPA can fuck themselves with a splintery broom stick. that is all.

until next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home