Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Maybe I should update this...

Well, work hasn't been to bad lately which is a surprise. I think the worst thing so far is me screwing up on Saturday night and not looking at the schedule and missing work on Sunday. But then again the bar on Saturday more than made up for missing the day. w00t!

Monday I didn't do much. I went to class and then headed over to work to check the schedule and found out that I missed work on Sunday. I then came home and did a lot of nothing.

Tuesday, I went to class and then go into work. When I arrived my cell phone was ringing and I thought it was a former co-worker who moved to Kansas, but instead it was the manager calling me to make sure I was coming to work. I clocked in and went to find out that the Manager wanted me and the other worker who was there to follow him upstairs to the Restaurant. The other worker and myself both applied for a banquet captain position that was open at work and we both got it. We talked to the manager and Food and Beverage director about what they wanted us to work on, and what we will be doing. We then got started on the work we were to be doing that day. We were done by about 7:30PM and left.

Today, we have the first BEO meeting to attend, and it wasn't too bad just discussed stuff and then left. I stayed to work my first day as Captain, and the other guy was able to go home and rest.

So yeah to becoming captain, but I am applying for a help desk technician at Western Iowa Tech. So if I get the spot, I will be the shortest lasting Banquet Captain at work. interesting to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home