Sunday, May 15, 2005

Graduation and fun of work...

Graduation went off better than expected especially after seeing what "rehearsal" was like...if you want to call it rehearsal. After the ceremony, I had a reservation at the restaurant in the hotel I work at. Everything was good there, but because it is the "premiere" restaurant in the area a premimum price was paid. Oh well. After that I went to Travis' house and he was working on his homework for his class in the morning. His wife was out of the house and we just talked for a while. His homework was the business class-esque "write a paper, do a powerpoint presentation and resume/cover letter if you were to be looking for a job," assignment. His wife showed up later, and I talked to her for little bit before I left came home and went to sleep friday.

Saturday, I came in to find out that for the most part all hell broke out against the bartenders, and now a bartender who didn't understand a former co-worker's thoughts on the place finally came to the brutal realization of how pathetic most of the management at the hotel happens to be. I would go into more detail, but I don't feel like it. And as you can tell, I had to bartender and the bar was decent, but we got rid of most of the stuff by 11:30 and the other bartender left. There was a wedding in the next room that was just about as popular. Afterwards I stayed to help out in setting up for the next day.

Finally, today I was scheduled in at Noon and helped with the party that was set up the night before.The Assistant manager had some problem with the bills that were done the night before and they also had a problem with the program that is used to do the bills. Because one of the Catering directors fucked up and didn't put a group into the "Billing" category which allows the manager to print off a bill for the party.


But I am still happy that I have my Degree and now I need to get A+ certified.

Until another time I am out. Also, I don't expect the person who this refers too to be an actual reader, but I am sorry about not answering you last night/this morning I had to get some sleep after working til about 3AM and needing to get rest because I had to be in at Noon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home