Monday, January 17, 2005

Why do I feel dumber? plus weekend report

I swear after reading some post from a local indy fed's website forum, I swear that my IQ has dropped and I can feel my brain shriveling up. Certain fans feel it is necessary to be idiots in their post and just post where ever they want even after the admins there warned about being ban could be expected.

Well, the good thing is that Sonja Dutt will be going there on Feb. 12 on what I would probably guess is a farewell tour of saying hi to friends and fellow workers he met on his way to heading to TNA. His contract ran out, and he is now looking to Japan. I am going to try and get that day off of work and go to the show.

and now the weekend report...

Friday, I pretty much didn't do much. I went to work and then came home and went ot bed.

Saturday, samething only worked til about 1:30 and almost hated every minute of it.

Sunday was my lil sisters birthday, and since she is 3 hours away, I sent her a message to her cell phone saying happy birthday. I then went shopping with my mom because she didn't know what to get my nephew other than stuff that has been mentioned by his parents or my older brother who hangs out there whenever he gets bored at home. I seen a person from PCWc and they asked how stuff was going and mentioned Sonja Dutt being at the Feb. 12 show. Still out at the mall and I see a co-worker acknowledged them being there, but that was about it. Went home, nephew and my sister and her husband came over. He liked his presents, had food, and then they left.

Today, Tyson Meat Ed had their weekly function and come to find out people are idiots. I have a cart that has just their liqour on it. This cart for the most part stays in the liqour closet with all the other liqour for the banquets department. The only problem is that people have the tendency to just grab alcohol from there then the go and get a bottle from the upstairs liquor room if we are out. So I had to replenish 3 bottles of liqour that for the most part will cost the department a good $100 to higher amount.

Reason I say that is that we charge them a price that they have been getting charged per bottle since 97 before I started. The 3 combined equal about $100, and with our nice and outrageously high prices, could be around 100 or more each if you look at a cash or host bar if the whole bottle per drink was sold. So either way it is mostly a lose lose situation.

Now I have to tell people that if they need the liqour and it isn't in stock down here, to get a manager or me to go upstairs and get a bottle of whatever alcohol. This will be on this weekend which means I will most likely miss this weekends wrestling show PCWc show.




And for a completely different topic relating wrestling:

Lately, not being able to keep up with wrestling for reasons of 1) work causing me to miss shows, 2) Not getting certain channels during the week to see the show (UPN for Smackdown which only air midnight on Sunday after SNL), and 3) What I do see anymore isn't the greatest.

The WWE doesn't have much competition right now, and when wrestling has no competition it gets very stale very fast. And also, Vince seems to be pulling the ol' ethnic issue or comic book character gimmick for wrestlers to get cheap heat or whatever. This happened badly in the late 80's and mid 90's and amazingly enough during that time period I for the most part lost interest in wrestling.

Also, I was a little more involved in PCWc about 2 or more years ago. From helping with being security, or bell ringer. I was for the most part somewhat accepted backstage. I was with them when they had a 6 month hiatus because they A) couldn't find a place to work and B)needed to reorganize and get everything in order to get shows going more frequently along with actually having enough wrestlers.

And now, I hardly make it to a show every 2 months, and some of the old fans quit caring. And old workers had to leave because of injuries and such. But still, every show that I have been able to make it to, they still say hi and such. And I truelly feel a different presence because some of the others were are still there don't seem to care as much as before.

All, I can say is if you are able to even comprehend half of what I just said I feel for you having to read this. And who knows if things will change with my impatient growing attitude with wrestling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home