Thursday, January 13, 2005

question.....

I have been thinking about doing a CD review for another blog I am involved with. But I am not sure after thinking about if I should or not.

I am thinking about reviewing Green Day's "American Idiot" and Damageplan's "New Found Power". The only thing is that I am not sure if I will be able to put my complete thoughts into words.

But I was wondering what some of the people who visit this think....Should I or should I not do a CD Review for either of the titles mentioned?


Also Ken, I got a Flogging Molly CD, I am sorry about anything with an accordion in it just freaks me out. It is a good CD, but I am afraid when listening to it that if I look around I will see a leprechaun come out of no where and start dancing.

4 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Maestroken said...

The wierdest part for me, is with all the fiddlin' and drawn out singing parts it it sounds so much like country at times, but if you are at a show, those same parts and the whole show is so punk rock.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Greg said...

It's just hard to get passed the lead vocalist and their deep Irish accent. And the accordian just throws me off like on other. But what I can say is that being different from Main stream music anymore can be a good thing. And they have a unique sound when I look at all of the music I have. I will try to listen to it a little more.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Maestroken said...

Dave King (The Lead Vocalist) used to sing in Thrash bands. How wierd is that image?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I can see that anymore, To My Surprise, was formed by a member of slipknot, Clown, and some more friends from Des Moines. And it is a pop rock band that is a look at the styles of the past decades of pop rock with their own twist. Only 3 members, yet they sound like they should have about 2 more members atleast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home