Friday, September 10, 2004

I had a though of much confusion

As mentioned below, I bought Van Halen "Best of Both Worlds", and I was thinking (Which can be scary)yesterday. If Van Halen would have had Sammy Hagar as the lead singer, would they have been it as big as they were before/are today? In fact, I asked a co-worker this, and they complained that I was trying to make them think. ;)

The big thing is that the 70's and 80's was the big hair band period where you had to have a lot of showmanship. And David Lee Roth, while an asshole, had a lot of showmanship. I think Sammy Hagar had some, but it didn't come as naturally as it did for DLR, at first. But me and the co-worker came to the conclusion that they would have made it big with Sammy as the original lead singer, but it would have taken a little longer.

If you want to voice your opinion about this, go right ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home