Tuesday, August 17, 2004

It's been a while since I said something on here, and your IQ's must have gone up because of that.

But the past week, I have been busy being lazy.

But here is a run down sorts of the weekend from Friday to now.

Friday: Work was interesting with a worker proving their brilliance. They make a list of things that he wants brought up during a BEO meeting, and a couple of them he abuses more than anyone else. He has been caught using the phone many times by any and all managers, and has the tendency to want to hide from those in charge.

I didn't sign this sheet, and infact had to keep myself from laughing in his face. I told the bartender for a group I was working on, and later that worker came in and the bartender asked him if "disappearing with your wife for 2 hours was on the list." The guy became completely silent. Also, a front desk worker got married on Saturday, but was in on Friday night before drinking with some former workers, and staying in his comp room for the party.

The bartender went to the room as soon as he was done and joined in. The rest of us finished our work and I joined them in the room. After being there for 10 minutes they were running short on beer, and they were afraid of getting caught driving, and in the state of Nebraska, you can't buy alcohol after 1 AM. So the bartender and I went to Iowa got an 18 pack of Coors Light for the others, and a 12 pack of Bud Light for him. Stayed until 4 AM and then decided to leave. I followed the bartender to their house because they have the greatest luck with police, and got home about 4:30 AM.

Saturday, I went in and we got started setting up for the party that wedding ceremony on the Garden terrace and the wedding reception. Everything for the most part that day went off without a hitch. A different bartender was in for the reception, and this bartender is a complete bitch. She had a bad attitude, and is the assisntant manager's friend. This one was mentioned before here, but she was up to her usual idiocy. I was asked to fill carafe's with wine for the reception, to be on the tables. They needed 13 carafes, but I only had enough for 12 carafes. They had a full one down at the bar, but told me to go get it. What ticked me off was that she didn't ask me if what the wine was for when I was filling carafes, but I don't feel like telling anyone who doesn't ask what something is for when they know that the information is available in the book of events, but they didn't look. But they also needed some Smirnoff Vodka, but they didn't grab the flavored ones we had down stairs. Instead, they went upstairs and got "Level" Vodka which is made by the ones who make Absolut, and it is more expensive. We didnt have a for sure price for it, and I went and got one. After she heard the price she started bitching because she was going to under charge for it. Personally she should have got the price for it before she took it down stairs. And to add to the irony, no one asked for the Level Vodka!

And the best part of the night was when the manager who came in at one and joined the ceremony and reception left at about 7:30 PM, and the Assistant Manager who supposively took vacation this week came in and took over. Now the big thing concerning this will be mentioned later.

Sunday: abosultely nothing. caught up on sleep somewhat

Monday, I went into work and was told that the work to be done was to be done across the street. Well, the workers who went over there started on the work, but one of them locked the only unlocked door, but also jimmyed it so that if a manager came through it that they wouldnt be able to get in. I didn't know that until I got in and went to the back and unlocked the door, and made sure it would open, and stay unlocked until we were done. Well, we got some work done, and the others went across the street to the hotel to order and get food. I stayed because I had food just before I came into work. But I finished putting down chairs around the tables that were set. After they came back, I went across the street to get something to drink. I got back to the other side, and the door again was shut, and locked. After I just unlocked it before I left. I went and got keys and got inside, and made sure that I could get in at a door that couldn't get locked. After we got done as far as possible for the day we went back across street,and they needed a couple of people to stay. I stayed and another worker who has been getting a ride home after work from me and a couple of others stayed. Once the room that we were waiting for broke(people left), we had it set up and done in 15 minutes, and left ourselves.

The big thing is that when I came back to the hotel the first time yesterday, I overheard the assistant manager complaining about they never had a Saturday off and they were going to schedule themselves off on Saturday. Then they were going to not schedule themselves on Sunday because it is usually the slowest day of the week. The problem I have with that is that she took the whole week from Monday to Sunday off last week and came in on Saturday because the head manager didn't feel like staying. Well, she should be complaining about not having a Saturday off because of her own stupidity to say "Yes I will come in" even though she took the day off. And I don't think she ever had to work a Sunday shift yet. Because she would get the captain to come in and work the hours. Personally, she isn't worth her pay, and is an glorified server instead of a manager.

I wish the last manager was still here with the former assistant manager. She could atleast get people to work, and didn't hire any idiot off of the street and their friend.

And today, I went in to get my check and found out that she took Saturday off, and that the manager was working in the morning and leaving (probably for Minneapolis) at night. So for the night parties it will be me and the captain supervising in one building, with whatever workers they send over. And the guy I gave a ride home on Monday will be in the hotel's banquet's area supervising with the head server over on another weeding party. And the worker who made the list of much stupidity earlier, they decided that today, they neded Friday til sometime next week off for vacation. Last I knew, you were supposed to turn in vacation atleast 2 weeks before you take it...not 2 days. And the assistant manager approved it meaning she is without a doubt the most idiotic manager I have worked under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home