Thursday, May 13, 2004

All I can say is that the past week and a half have been a royal pain in my ass. I can't believe how managers can be so unbelievably idiotic and/or moronic. I will describe a part of my job and what they have been doing since I am scheduled in later than they can afford me to be because of school. Which ended today w00t!

What I am describing is how to set up a double bar. This is the second most annoying thing to do, but it is also the easiest thing to do for my job.

Setting up a double bar (a 2 bartender bar.)

first have the bars set out with a bar back table. If it is a cash bar make sure to have an extension cord because a cash register is most likely needed. Now the first thing I usually do is check the pop cylinders on the bar. That way you don't have to worry about pop for either a pop, or for mix drinks doesn't run out in the middle of someone's drink. After that I go and get the liqour that is to be set out. Now, with a double bar it is usually going to be doubled because the number is close to 200 or more people. Now I grab out (cheap/well) House liqour. Usually consist of the closest you can get to the bottom of the bar if not the bottom of the barrel considering liqour. Next, I grab the call and premimum liqours. The call or higher liqours are your brand name liqours. (i.e. Jack, Jim, Jose, Skyy, Absolut..you get the picture) The good stuff as people would say, but the thing is that I only grab one of each house and call/premimum liqour. I do this because I know that it won't be hard to run for it if it is needed.

After I get the Liqour out, I then grab beer. And for double bars, it is usually 2 cases of the domestics and a 12 pack or higher of import/micro-brewed beer. It just matters on the group. I will also either grab 8 or maybe a 12 pack of Wine Coolers. I then only grab non-alcoholic beer if it is requested anymore, because like a co-worker, I believe it is the work of the devil to make non-alcoholic beer for the bar.

After the beer and wine coolers are out, then I start cutting up the fruit for the bar and getting the juice needed. Usually fruit is Lemon, Limes, Cherries, and Olives, and for fruit juice it is Orange, Cranberry, and Pineapple. And last but not least, water for those bourbon and water, or scotch and water fans.

Now, the manager who has been setting up the bars before I make it in have been doubling all the liqour. That means I have twice the overstock out there if none sells. That means twice the house, twice the call liqours. Meaning I usually have to make them not look like complete idiots when "I" do the bar bill.

Now onto bigger and better things. Yesterday I took a 3 hour test for my Practicum class that is like taking the IQ test you usually take in the Sophomore semester of high school, for those who take them, I took the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. You were given a booklet with questions, a separate questionaire, and you have to fill in all those non sense before taking a mutliple guess test. I say multiple guess test, because you know you don't know all the answers so you have mutliple guesses. Well, unlike the other test it wasn't timed, but it took forever because it was 190 questions. I hate taking test in the first place so I was doomed.

Then I am not the world's worst procastinator, but somedays I could be a front runner for the title. I waited until the actual last minute to finish my report that I had to turn in for my Microcomputer Practicum class.

Oh, and I was forced to break into a computer today at work that I shouldn't be touching, but when the fucking piece of shit third party program dies on you and you are trying to figure out why, and it finallys says the host database file isn't being found...you have problems. So I checked the host computer, and it is froze harder than a person with the seven year itch and no hands or feet to scratch it with. Well, I either had the choice of pulling out the master back up file if the program crashes to do bills with, or else I restart the computer, and...well...find a way to get past Novel client's login....Let's see here follow ethics when tampering with the General Manager's administrative assistant's computer, or tell them that you had to because you don't feel like unfucking a excel spreadsheet. Or my personal favorite, destroying the computers and making sure the OS never opens again....

Guest: The roof is on fire sir.

Burnout worker holding a bottle of half empty everclear and a lighter: Burn motherfucker BURN!.....


Ooops....So yeah, I am expecting a phone call in the mourning to go into work, to take it in the ass. And if I get fired for it....good they can kiss my ass for all I care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home